Announcing the 2021 National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii Scholarship
The NFB of Hawaii is pleased to announce that applications for our annual scholarships are now available. Any blind individual attending or planning to attend a post-secondary institution may apply. Scholarship winners will be attending our virtual State Convention May 14-15, 2021.
The deadline for the receipt of applications and supporting documents is Friday, April 30, 2021.
Please consult the application for further details about these requirements.
- The applicant must be blind.
- Personal Letter from Applicant. NFB scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic excellence, financial need, and community service.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Current transcript from institution now attending and transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions attended. If you have not yet attended such an institution or have not completed one year of study, send high school transcript.
- Letter from an NFBH State President or Officer is required. The NFBH State President can be reached at NFBHPresident@gmail.com.
- Applicant must attend one of our Hawaii State Chapter meetings (see our Chapters and Divisions webpage for contact details. Please notify the Chapter President directly of your intent to attend a meeting or reach out to Tammy Robar at TRobar@hawaii.nfb.org.
- Score Reports (for high school seniors only).